Baby Names

1 Comments »
Baby names is a tough subject for me. If it's a girl, it'll be easy really. I want to name it after my mom, so it'll probably be Linda Sue. She (my mom) doesn't like Sue though, so it could be Linda Grace, which I like also.

For a boy though, it's tough. I've got a lot of names that I like, but most other people don't. I like Gaelic names, but I also like the idea of naming it after my grandfathers. Esper means little friendly spirit, or someone with ESP. Virgil was the author of the Aeneid plus other stuff. The first name for spirituality, the middle name for intelligence.

Mom and I found some other names we're considering now, too. I really like Conner because it means 'lover of hounds', but it's still a bit too normal for me. Eoin (pronounced Owen) is one of two Gaelic names that I really really like. The spelling will throw some people off, but it's not as bad as the other one I like. Aodh (pronounced Odd or Awd) is the other one, but I don't think it should be a first name just because of the way it's spelled.

I like Connor Eoin, but I'd rather have Eoin be a first name.

I guess I'm still pretty far away from settling on a name. ~_~

1 Response to "Baby Names"

Anonymous Says :
August 17, 2008 at 8:21 PM

Comyn "pronounced common" is gaelic for courage , good boys name.


Michael P

Post a Comment