Doggie Surgery

0 Comments »
Zeus had a couple lumps removed this past Monday. One was on his back leg, near his butt, the other was right under a malformed nipple. We got them removed and the vet said she's gonna send out the one from his leg to see what it is. Hopefully it's nothing, but even so I feel bad putting him through it all.


Poor baby :(


He's supposed to be wear an Elizabethan collar, but I've been watching him and he doesn't seem all that interested in his cuts so I don't make him wear it. They seem to be healing well, and he definitely feels better because he's been trying to chase squirrels.

Today Zeus and Thor saw a squirrel in the middle of the yard, far away from any tree. They started toward it together, but then they split up and shot out toward it coming at it from two sides. I yelled at Zeus of course, he's not supposed to be running around that vigorously yet, but it was truly a pack mentality that inspired that move. I've never seen them work together like that. If there had been a third dog out there, that squirrel wouldn't have gotten away.

Speaking of Thor, he's been really patient with Zeus the past few days. Usually he's all over him everyday trying to play, but I think he realized Zeus isn't feeling well and has been a lot more subdued around him.

I got out his winter sweater that was too big for him last year, and he's already outgrown it. He fits into Zeus' bomber jacket, although it's a bit big. He's so scared of it though, I put it on him and he just stood there with his tail tucked in and wouldn't move. When I finally took it off him he tried to pounce me and then ran around in circles for a minute...I don't think he likes clothes much. He better get used to though, he looks too cute to
not wear it:

0 Responses to "Doggie Surgery"

Post a Comment