Loyalty or Honesty

2 Comments »
Here's another video of Logan laughing. He hardly ever laughs for me, he smiles at me all the time, but Grandma always gets the big laughs.

I finally got him to laugh for me though, so here's the video.



Mom and I watched a movie today called "The Walker". It was a weird movie, but one question it asked was whether you would choose being honest over being loyal.

It's a tough decision for some people, but for people like me, it's simple. Loyalty always triumphs.

Both are incredibly important to me, even to the point of hypocrisy. Case in point: I'm allowed to bitch at my mom. When she makes me mad, I'm allowed to tell her about it because I've always stood by her side. Everyone else, however, is not allowed to bitch at my mom. I don't care who you are, you are not entitled to get mad at my mother, only I have that right.

For some reason, this makes sense to me, even though I know it's hypocritical. I feel I'm the most loyal to my mom, and in telling her that I'm upset I'm being even more loyal. Everyone else, though, is just being an ass.

If it came down to being loyal to mom by being dishonest and losing something vital, or telling the truth and betraying loyalty, that's an easy choice for me. Mom has given up everything for me, and I would do the same for her. I would lie for her, definitely.

I guess it depends on the situation, though. Loyalty to someone I hardly know is not worth throwing away honesty. Loyalty to someone that's been loyal to me is much easier to maintain.

I don't know why I think about crap like this.

2 Responses to "Loyalty or Honesty"

My Family Says :
May 25, 2009 at 9:36 AM

Logan is getting so big and i love to here his laugh. Give him a big kiss and hug.

Aunt Betty

Aunt Reese Says :
June 3, 2009 at 4:02 AM

boogie boogie
boogie boogie
pure cuteness!!

Post a Comment