Pet Love

1 Comments »

I am really weird with my pets. Just now, I was in the bathroom with Luna, one of the kitties, the female. She's the crazy one, as female cats usually are, and she loves to explore. I always open all the cabinets and the shower curtain for her while I'm in there so she can go sniff around. Occasionally she comes to me, jumps up on my knees, digs her claws in and meows; as if to say, "This is satisfactory."

Shippo, the male kitty, is the only cat I've ever met that let's me rub his belly. He'll actually roll over for me. Sometimes I go overboard and love him too hard, >_>, and he runs away, but he always comes back for more.

The dogs are the weirdest, though. Complete opposites of each other, really. Zeus is big and noble, while Thor is just scared of everything. Even when Zeus was a puppy he feared nothing. Thor is just a wuss. But I loves him anyway. He actually wants me to cuddle him a lot, whereas Zeus just tolerates it, and not from everyone. Thor's having a hard time learning his strength, and how to play rough but not so rough you destroy people. Zeus learned this pretty quick, or it could just be my biased memories.

Zeus always seemed like such a partner for me. He's always been way more than a pet to me. Thor is too, but with Zeus it is definitely stronger. I read a book about dogs, called The Other End of the Leash. In the book, there was the opinion that although dog lovers would probably
have many dogs through-out their lives, there will always be that one dog. The one you cherish the most, the one where it seems like you always know what he's thinking, and he knows exactly what you mean when you tell him something. Zeus is that dog for me.

When I came back from the potty just now, I looked Zeus dead in the eye and said, very dramatically, "Zeus! I am your father."

I swear he rolled his eyes.

1 Response to "Pet Love"

haben7894 Says :
August 7, 2008 at 4:00 PM

hey its hayden! luvs u!

Post a Comment